In our office, we provide complete prenatal care for both high- and low-risk pregnancies.
We offer in-house obstetric ultrasounds, which are formally read by board-certified faculty at at Northwestern Medicine Prentice Women’s Hospital. The types of ultrasounds we provide include:
- Initial obstetric ultrasound to confirm pregnancy, done at first OB visit
- Ultrasound for nuchal translucency, done between 11 weeks and 4 days and 13 weeks and 6 days
- Level I anatomy ultrasound, done between 18 and 21 weeks, evaluates fetal anatomy, growth, placental position, amniotic fluid volume, and cervical length—gender can be determined at this time
- Growth ultrasound, usually done in the third trimester, if necessary to evaluate fetal growth
- Multiple gestation ultrasound
- Biophysical profile
If indicated, a Level II ultrasound will be done at the hospital.